This position is responsible for the overall strategic and applied design and rapid development of training materials, course curriculum, methods, and assessments that maximize knowledge transfer and participant learning and retention for assigned e-Learning, classroom learning, or blended learning projects. Working independently, with subject matter experts, and as a member of the development team, principle roles include leadership in the instructional direction and concept development of assigned topics; needs analysis; writing or refinement of behavioral learning objectives and requirements, course outlines, and the instructional design direction and development through all phases of a project; and ensuring that the final product accurately represents and supports the content and the intended student outcomes.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify, design, develop and test appropriate, dynamic instructional interactions, simulations, scripts, graphics, video clips, job aids, and assessments to increase knowledge transfer and retention.
- Create, lead, and execute project plans that will meet established development priorities and deadlines, including the project goal and scope, needs analysis results, and desired outcomes, in the narrative, with the resources required, deliverables, and timelines included in the work plan.
- Create an instructional design outline or storyboard, which is a blueprint of the design, to enable the SMEs, customers, and design/development team to come to an initial agreement on the design, content, activities, sequencing, evaluation criteria and element timing for a new product.
- Work with the learning technology manager and team to establish functional and delivery requirements, LMS set-up, testing scenarios, and pilot groups and participate in end user testing. Incorporate feedback to improve and update content, design and materials for new and legacy courses, adjusting for best practices, new learning styles, models, and delivery tools.
- Work directly with course developers, subject matter experts, reviewers, end users and other members of the project team to scope new projects, learn the needs and characteristics of the target audience, work environment, and learning preferences, define and prioritize instructional goals and objectives, to improve the instructional design of existing content and identify the gaps for new content, to determine audience-appropriate functional requirements.
- Identify, qualify, recruit, and manage supplemental content, voiceover, graphic, video and editing talent, consultants and vendors.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external customers and service providers.
- Experience with learning management systems.
- Experience, knowledge, or training in computer-based training (CBT) and blended learning formats.
- Proven in-depth knowledge of SCORM and AICC standards as they relate to courseware development and LMS interoperability.
- Knowledge and experience with print media, audio, video, graphics, job-aids, social and collaborative learning platforms, FAQs, reference lists, glossaries, and assessments.
- Ability to work effectively in a virtual team environment.
- Working knowledge of technical trends and technology in the mobility industry.
- Ability to travel 5% of time.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Multimedia, Education, Business, Technical or related field required. A Master’s degree preferred.
- 3 years experience in instructional design, program development, e-Learning, instructional technology or related business.