NEWARK, NJ, June 24, 2022 –To continue to meet the ever-increasing needs of Edge member institutions and ensure members have the connectivity and network infrastructure they need to leverage a variety of cloud providers, Edge introduced Cloud Connect – a powerful addition to its EdgeNet.
In addition to connectivity to Amazon Web Services (AWS), including dedicated access for AWS Direct Connect, Edge has partnered with Equinix to connect its members directly with a full complement of cloud providers via dedicated layer 2 connections in “Data Center Alley” in Ashburn, Virginia.
Explained Bruce Tyrrell, Associate Vice President Programs & Services, Edge, “EdgeNet already provides layer 3 peering connections to leading cloud providers including AWS, Google Cloud Platform, and Microsoft Azure, as well as major esports platforms and other content providers. This peering capability moves the majority of traffic away from the commodity Internet, providing high speed, low latency connections to critical applications and infrastructure.” Further elaborated Tyrrell, “Cloud Connect takes peering connectivity to the next level by providing layer 2 connectivity directly to major cloud platforms.”
With Cloud Connect, EdgeNet enables the next level of cloud networking performance and security, including:
- Members who have available existing circuit capacity or Dark Fiber connectivity via EdgeNet pay no additional last-mile costs to access Cloud Connect to Ashburn, VA.
- Dedicated connection access to an expanding list of major cloud service providers, including Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud Platform, Oracle Cloud, Cisco Webex Voice, and more.
- Enhanced connectivity and performance for critical Microsoft applications living in the Azure cloud.
- Improved cloud application performance and cost via dedicated access.
- Multiple, redundant connections via Cloud Connect, for enhanced reliability and performance.
- Strategic multi-cloud connectivity, providing the infrastructure you need to create cost-effective, forward looking cloud migration plans.
- A shared services model for multi-cloud connectivity, providing connected members with consortium rates.
Members who have available existing circuit capacity or Dark Fiber connectivity via EdgeNet pay no additional last-mile costs to access Cloud Connect to Ashburn, VA. For members seeking to expand their connectivity with Cloud Connect, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.