Newark, NJ, July 24, 2023 – Dr. Forough Ghahramani, Assistant Vice President for Research, Innovation, and Sponsored Programs, Edge, is joining an esteemed group of national research computing colleagues and partners spanning academia, government, and industry at PEARC23 in Portland, Oregon July 23-27, 2023.
With a conference theme dedicated to Computing for the Common Good, the multi-day conference acknowledges the enormous challenges we face due to climate change, a global pandemic, loss of biodiversity, the decline of democracy around the world, and unacceptable levels of inequality, along with the opportunity these challenges present for us to use our skills to advance the common good.
“PEARC represents an important gathering of leading research computing advocates from across the country. I am pleased to contribute to the broader, national conversation regarding the challenges, opportunities, and solutions impacting local, regional, national, and international cyberinfrastructure and research computing initiatives.”
— Forough Ghahramani
Assistant Vice President for Research, Innovation, and Sponsored Programs, Edge
Dr. Ghahramani is participating in panel discussions and presenting papers covering topics of national significance and importance, including:
- The Ecosystem for Research Networking (ERN) – Exploring Democratized Access to Research Instruments
- EPOC Support for Cyberinfrastructure and Data Movement
- Campus Champions: Sustaining the Community in the ACCESS Era
- Paper: Emerging Needs for Advanced Cyberinfrastructure at Under Resourced Institutions: Findings from a National Workshop on Expanding Computing Using Collaborative Models
- Paper: Improving Access to Advanced Cyberinfrastructure Using Regional Computing Collaborations and People Networks: Recommendations from a National Workshop on Expanding Computing Using Collaborative Models