To advance its mission, realize its vision and maintain a sustainable future, Edge has thoughtfully prepared a three-year strategic roadmap referred to as Edge 2.0. The plan will be used to guide the organization and continue to provide increased value to its members, collaborating partners, and subscribing patrons.
Edge 2.0 is guided by four strategic themes:
- Membership investment and stakeholder advantage
- Operational excellence
- Technological advancement
- Stewardship and trusted partnerships
The plan strategically reboots existing support and service by:
- Creating new opportunities to leverage its assets through better promotion and direct selling
- Fostering academic alliances and alignment with national value-added resellers
- Driving best-of-breed enterprise application integration partnerships
Edge will continue to provide value and return-on-investment to its members through advancement of architectural design and quality improvements to its high-performance optical network, supplying demand for “above net” applications and services, leveraging consortium buying power and agency status in procurement, and pursuit of funded research and shared grant opportunities. Edge envisions a future role that more fully accommodates the overall success of its members.
In conjunction with Edge’s strategic reboot, the company has restructured its work environment in its Newark, NJ headquarters to streamline service to its membership in higher education, K-12, healthcare, government and non-profit sectors.