NEWARK, NJ, August 12, 2022 –Edge’s Mark J. Meara, Ed.D., Vice President of Technical Operations and Chief Information Officer, and Bruce Tyrrell, Associate Vice President for Programs & Services, have been added to the roster of esteemed speakers at New Jersey Alliance for Action’s Annual Statewide Broadband Conference. The event, scheduled for August 23, 2022 at the Forsgate Country Club in Monroe Township, New Jersey, will emphasize Broadband in NJ – A New Construction Market.
Notes Tyrrell, “We are looking forward to participating in the conference and sharing Edge’s ambitious plan to construct, install, and expand the organization’s ‘dark fiber’ network throughout the state.” Continued Meara, “This is an excellent opportunity to brief attendees on Edge’s history and capabilities, and share details on how the initiative, known as EdgeConnectNJ, will bring statewide value through advancement of technology infrastructure in such a manner that purpose-built networking can support collaborative work among New Jersey government, education, and business.”
The EdgeConnectNJ initiative aims to accommodate the needs of higher education institutions and other technology dependent stakeholders with permanent, affordable last mile connections to the Edge optical fiber network backbone. The successful completion of this initiative will deliver benefits including significant ROI and cost savings for the state of New Jersey and a wealth of opportunity for economic development. Meara and Tyrrell’s presentation will highlight:
- The EdgeConnectNJ cost model;
- The anticipated, significant return-on-investment over a 25-year period;
- A detailed timeline for planning, design, funding and construction;
- Opportunities to leverage this infrastructure for new benefit to science, innovation, business incubation, and business development;
- The ancillary benefit of engaging the State’s skilled trades workforce in an initiative that will advance New Jersey’s technology capacity and innovation capability;
- Example case studies of projects that pursue the philosophy of EdgeConnectNJ.
Meara and Tyrrell will join speakers from across the state of New Jersey including, Joseph Divis, State President, AT&T New Jersey; Braxton Plummer, Director, State and Local Government Affairs, Verizon; and Joseph Rivera, Manager of Broadband Access, New Jersey Board of Public Utilities.
Visit http://www.allianceforaction.com/events/broadband22.php to register for the event.