On behalf of our client, Kean University, Edge is seeking a highly motivated professional to serve as System Administrator. In this role, the incumbent oversees the day-to-day operations of Blackboard Learn (LMS.) Handle system-programming work associated with maintaining and expanding LMS system automation and integration with third-party systems. Will use LMS System Administrator expertise to troubleshoot user support problems and interact with vendor and other technical staff to plan and devise problem resolution. The Blackboard Systems Administrator supports course development projects including design, production, and testing of online courses and programs. This position works with key internal and external stakeholders across the higher education community to further the vision and plan for the application of the LMS.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Manages the day-to-day operations Learning Management System
- Management System. Works directly with the LMS hosting provider to ensure the LMS remains continuously operational.
- Provides multi-tier support for all escalations received from Blackboard
- Provides leadership and works with functional areas to implement enhancements to software by designing and testing new features, and modifications of existing functionality
- Work with external vendors and functional areas to create and maintain new and existing integrations. Develops, manages, and coordinates integration of The Learning Management System with external systems (Starfish, Pearson, McGraw-Hill, Cengage, VoiceThread, etc.) to support system-wide initiatives and transformations. Coordinate with vendors to complete necessary software fixes, refreshes, upgrades, and planning for current and future initiatives.
- Serves as subject matter expert on technical issues. Represents Technology Solutions in workgroups, committees, focus groups, etc. for LMS product functionality. Performs other duties as assigned.
- Computer/Internet savvy, comfortable operating in several applications simultaneously
- Strong technical acumen and problem-solving skills
- stakeholder-focused mindset
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with strong stakeholder service and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge with Windows10 and Apple products
- Knowledge of Learning Management Systems, their functional and technical requirements in design and implementation Blackboard and Canvas.
- Bachelor degree
- 3+ years previous experience in the education industry and with e-learning technologies
- Relevant technical certifications
- Candidates able to provide their own equipment are preferred but the ability to provide your own equipment is not considered a requirement for the position
Education and Experience:
- A graduate of a computer science/technology, business science, or certain social science degree programs (Associates or higher)
This is initially a 1099 contractor position. The rate of payment will be a monthly amount of $5,833.00 for a 35 hour work week, on-site at Kean University.