The Information Systems Department at Berkeley College currently has an opening for a System Operations Manager on the Infrastructure Team. This position is based out of the Woodland Park campus with limited travel to other campus required. The candidate will perform hands on systems administration/ engineering for Infrastructure services and managerial tasks for all system operations responsibilities.
• Hands-on team work with the Infrastructure team to ensure all services are operating.
• Communicate in a timely manner to management on projects or escalations.
• Design, install, and configure, servers and services for the infrastructure.
• Collaborate with IT staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
• Ensure monitoring, maintenance, and remediation of all infrastructure hardware and software.
• Provides recommendations regarding hardware and software and cloud services for planning and budgeting.
• Research, design, and implement systems for optimal security.
• Communicate with vendors on research, deliverables, and schedules.
• Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and services.
• Ensure data protection performance and reliability.
• Participate in on-call rotation.
Other duties as assigned.
Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or related field or commensurate experience.
EXPERIENCE and TRAINING:
• 2-5 years of management experience
• 5 years IT experience
• Experience with VMware Virtualization Products.
• Extensive Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory and the Windows Server Platform.
• Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS) administration.
• Experience with all aspects of disaster recovery and backup technologies.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES:
• Working Knowledge of Office365, email technologies, and SMTP.
• Experience with SAN technologies.
• Knowledge of networking including DHCP, DNS, TCP-IP
• Knowledge of scripting languages and automation of tasks through Powershell and other languages.
• Experience with implementing Cloud technologies both SAAS and IAAS.
• Able to quickly and accurately troubleshoot and communicate with staff and management.
• Strong communication and time management skills.
• Ability to perform detailed work independently, as well as in a team environment.