- This event has passed.
Preparing for Higher Ed Transformation: Leading Effective Business Systems Modernization
September 19 from 12:00 pm - 3:30 pm
Is your institution prepared to successfully complete a large scale project to modernize your business systems to compete in the digital era?
There is an alarming failure rate for these high stakes, costly business systems modernization projects in higher education, due to the simple fact that most institutions are simply not ready to undertake such an initiative. This reality represents the single greatest risk to the successful execution of such projects.
This program is intended for an institution’s executive leadership team and is designed to outline the steps that must be taken to ensure that their organization is ready for such an undertaking, and how to eliminate the multi-faceted risks that can undermine these mission critical projects. We’ll also highlight the services that Edge is putting in place to ensure maximum return on investment for these projects, and the capabilities of modern higher education business software to engage students effectively throughout the student lifecycle.
With the right technology solutions in place, paired with a thoughtful, focused approach to assessment and preparation prior to implementation, every institution has the ability to improve institutional effectiveness. A well designed and implemented solution will allow you to create more efficient workflows, make better use of data generated throughout the student lifecycle, and drive higher rates of success throughout the academic enterprise.
Please make every effort to join us at this event to answer the fundamental question: Are you ready?
In Addition, you will leave with a clear understanding of how your institution can:
- Plan for and accomplish a successful migration to a modern, cloud-based business systems (ERP/SIS/CRM)
- Benefit from a comprehensive readiness assessment and mitigate risk to plan for a seamless business systems modernization project
- Centralize and stabilize project pricing & contracting via the EdgeMarket business systems modernization contract awards and access to best-available software pricing
- Harness modern systems to improve student retention and successful outcomes by making better-informed decisions throughout the student lifecycle
- Deliver services to students and staff post-implementation to ensure an effective roll out and rapid adoption of the new system
Digital Transformation & Why ERP Migrations Fail – Samuel Conn, President and CEO, Edge
A Planful Approach to Business Systems Modernization to Minimize Risk – Liz Murphy, Chairwoman and CEO
1:15- 1:45 p.m.
Capabilities of a Modern, Cloud-Based Business System – Campus Management
1:45 – 2:00 p.m.
Executive Networking / Break
Delivering Excellent Service to Support and Boost Adoption of a New Implementation from Day 1 – Blackboard and Michael Hacker, AVP for Professional Services and Technology Advancement, Edge
How EdgeMarket Supports Success Through Streamlined Procurement – Joe Rearden, Vice President Administration & Finance, General Counsel, and Chief Financial Officer, Edge and Dan Miller, Director of EdgeMarket