Presenting at NJEdge’s Annual Conference, EdgeCon, provides an opportunity to showcase your knowledge, experience, and perspective while building your professional network in the NJEdge community. This is a great chance to share your ideas, learn from others, and engage with colleagues. The conference’s community-generated program will showcase best practices, success stories, live demonstrations, or solutions to community-wide issues within a variety of track themes listed below.
We seek a diverse array of sessions illustrating engaging programs, experiences, and topics from among our NJEdge membership and beyond. If you believe your material will deepen understanding, demonstrate successful digital transformation, or showcase exciting in-progress or planned initiatives, please submit a proposal.
* As an added incentive, the conference registration fee is waived for accepted presenters. Please note that 1 presenter (inclusive of any moderator) may be admitted to the conference with free registration. Any additional presenters will pay the full conference registration fee.
Please click on the headings below to learn more about Proposal Submission:
The theme for EdgeCon is Communicating and Engaging in the Digital Era, with a focus on digital experience initiatives and accomplishments of interest to professionals in the K-20 education, health care, library and government sectors. The program selection committee will be looking for topics that relate to and develop this theme for our EdgeCon attendees.
Our goal is to showcase your expert knowledge for our attendees. Please keep the following ideas in mind as you submit your proposal to maximize the chances your proposal will be selected.
- Breakout sessions will typically be allocated in a 60-minute format. However, alternative lengths/formats will be considered if a compelling case for doing so is presented in the proposal.
- Sessions can take the form of Presenter-led Presentations, Interactive Presentations, Panel Discussions, or Live Demonstrations.
- Your submission should clearly outline the outcomes and value of your session for the audience. Remember, the theme of EdgeCon 2020 is Communicating and Engaging in the Digital Era. The best presentation submissions will indicate clear takeaways for attendees that tie in to the conference theme.
- Presenters are also encouraged to develop sessions around real-world case studies and success stories to encourage sharing of community best practices, whether based on an internal project or achieved by joining forces with an industry partner
- Harnessing the Power of Big Data and Analytics
- Maximizing the Value of Infrastructure Investment – Cloud Considerations
- Reimagining Instruction and Professional Development
- Designing Silo-Free Systems to Engage and Communicate Throughout the Enterprise
- Seizing Digital Opportunities: Innovation, Experimentation and Invention to Transform the Human Experience
- Securing the Enterprise and Managing Risk – Physical and Digital Strategies
(Please note: The deadline for submitting your proposal is 8:00 p.m. on Monday, September 30, 2019.)
To start the submission process, Submit the following Information below:
- Presenter name(s) and contact information
- Specify which industry vertical you are representing (K-12, Government, Higher Ed, Healthcare, Library, Sponsor, Other)
- Self-selection of conference track theme that best aligns with your presentation
- Proposed Session Title
- A session abstract (max 200 words)
- A short bio of proposed speaker(s)
- Professional Picture
Presentation proposals will be accepted and reviewed on a case by case basis. Once the call for proposals is closed, the selection committee will make the final decisions on the conference program and will notify selected presenters by email.
*Please note that 1 presenter (inclusive of any moderator) may be admitted to the conference with free registration. Any additional presenters will pay the full conference registration fee.
Please note that a laptop/projector will be in the room on the day of the session for your use. If your proposal is accepted, a presentation is due no later than December 5, 2019. Presenters will receive an EdgeCon template for their proposal as well as specific guidance regarding form and format for the submission.
Facilitators play an important role in assuring the quality of each session, introducing the presenters and providing a brief overview of how the presenters’ topic fits with the conference theme. The facilitator also ensures the presenters remain on schedule, encourages audience engagement, and summarizes the key points from the session. If you wish to lend your expertise to facilitate a session please submit a presenter registration, and indicate your desire to facilitate – there is no abstract or presentation detail needed to register for this role.