Coronavirus Announcements & Resources
This page offers available resources to help Edge member organizations address the unique challenges of the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation. Feel free to call 855.832.EDGE (3343) for more information and review our escalation procedures on our support page.
As a trusted advisor to our member community, I’d like to weigh in on the Zoom controversy. I’m no apologist for security concerns (by a long shot), and would like to provide some perspective on Zoom’s recent security challenges with… Read More
EdgePro Enrollment Management and Marketing partner Blackboard is currently offering “quick start” engagement campaigns to scale and deploy strategic communications in 5 days or less. Aspects of these campaigns focus on the needs of current and prospective students, to proactively… Read More
Three Ideas for Innovation and Collaboration To our Edge Community and Partners: As the COVID-19 crisis continues to unfold, we at Edge are reaching out to our members, industry partners, and the wider education and public sector community to encourage… Read More
With the rapid increase working, teaching, and learning remotely in response to COVID-19, it’s important to keep cybersecurity in mind. Trends worldwide already show bad actors trying to make use of the pandemic to their own ends, as users adjust… Read More
Technology vendors, including Edge partners, are offering complimentary limited-time access to a variety of solutions and services in response to the COVID-19 crisis. Here, you'll find a dynamic list of these offers as they come to our attention. From the… Read More
As we all transition to following the appropriate guidelines of social distancing, and thus working, teaching, and learning remotely, it’s important to keep cybersecurity in mind. Trends worldwide already show bad actors trying to make use of the pandemic to… Read More
As of March 17, we’re making our online community platform, EdgeXchange, available by request to all of our higher education members free of charge. Our communities of practice already leverage EdgeXchange to share information and engage with their peers. The… Read More
As Edge members work to meet the challenge of moving instruction online, we’ve gathered a variety of resources below to support the transition. The videos and guides included here outline know best practices and tech-specific tips and tricks to enable… Read More
The health and wellness of our community comes first. In light of the ongoing COVID-19 situation and the latest guidance from the CDC, it has become clear that our lineup of community events cannot be conducted in person. We are… Read More
On behalf of the Edge team, I am writing to provide an update on our preparations as concerns about COVID-19 (Coronavirus) continue to escalate. Edge continues to closely track and monitor related events globally and in the region. We are… Read More
Solutions to Support Continued Operations
The following technology solutions are available for streamlined purchasing:
- Zoom Video Communications – A video platform for online learning collaboration, virtual office hours, and administrative meetings. (For K-12 districts using Zoom Basic licenses, you can use this form to request removal of the 40-minute meeting time limit.)
- Desktop Virtualization – Leverage our relationships with AWS and/or VMware to provide users with the same working experience they expect in the office or the classroom, delivered via cloud-based desktops.
- Virtual IT Help Desk Resources – To prepare for the influx of service calls generated by remote work and online learning, access virtual resources to extend your existing help desk team.
- Virtual Student Services One Stop – To prepare for the influx of demand on student services (administration, registrar, finance, etc.), access virtual resources to extend your existing administrative resources.
- Edge Professional Services – Our team brings 120+ years of executive and IT/CIO experience to the table on behalf of our members. The Edge Professional Services team can assist with the development of, or add a second set of eyes to review, a business continuity and online learning/remote work action plan