Our esteemed Board of Trustees supports our vision. Their shared commitment and dedication to achieving goals and objectives enables our internal team to fully focus on creative solutions to complex digital challenges.
The NJEdge Board of Trustees is comprised of at least four but not more than five members from each of the following higher education sectors:
- State Research Universities
- State Colleges and Universities
- County Colleges
- Non-profit, independent colleges and universities located in New Jersey that are member institutions of the Corporation.
The Board maps out directional activities, objectives and projections for the coming year while keeping a close eye on the changing needs and requirements of NJEdge members.
Specific Board structure is as follows:
Up to five trustees may be persons who are leaders from the following sectors:
- Business and industry
- K-12 schools
- Hospital and healthcare entities
- The Chief Information Officer for the State and the State Librarian;
One of the five Trustees may be from a for profit institution of higher learning with degree granting authority operating with a physical presence in NJ.
Within the identified sectors, there is:
- A minimum of two Presidents
- One Chief Academic Officer and one Chief Information Officer
The Board of Trustees has fiduciary responsibility of the corporation. Members of the Board provide guidance, oversight, input and assessment of the alignment of the mission of the organization with the missions of its member institutions. The Board evaluates the demands, trends and external conditions influencing the services provided by NJEdge. The subcommittees are:
- Budget & Finance
- Strategic Planning Implementation
- Nominating Committee
- Board Membership
- By-Laws Review